Truck crime ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're supposed to leave it in the ignition so the a thief won't damage the vehicle hot wiring it. I thought everybody knew that.

To avoid damage to your rental car in Bonaire

1) Leave windows down
2) Don't lock the car
3) Leave key in ignition

How about leaving a some sandwiches and a can of beer with the message "all yours"?

How about leaving a some sandwiches and a can of beer with the message "all yours"?

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it will almost surely have to be enjoyed by either you or the Iguanas.

dnky2.jpg

guard donkeys?
04.gif

Well here is my take on it now... Does not seem to be a problem so far... We are leaving the windows part way down... Doors unlocked... Towels and sandals with ice cold water bottles in a bag... If you want my water.... Go on and take it... :wink:

I'm having to much fun diving to worry....:blinking:

Jim....

And here is a helpful hint.... waterproof box 002.jpg It's a waterproof box from Walmart... $5.99 and made by outdoors... Put my driver lic and credit card and cash in it Stick it in the pocket of the BC and it works like a dream... Been to 112' without a drop of water....

Jim...

For the earlier post suggesting that the key be left in the ignition.

Not sure if you are joking or not, but before leaving the key in the ignition you had better read your rental agreement. Buddy's clearly states that if you can not produce the key after the theft you are 100% responsible for the cost of the vehicle. (2nd paragraph of their "Conditions" in the agreement.)Truck stolen no key.jpg

For the earlier post suggesting that the key be left in the ignition.

Not sure if you are joking or not, but before leaving the key in the ignition you had better read your rental agreement. Buddy's clearly states that if you can not produce the key after the theft you are 100% responsible for the cost of the vehicle. (2nd paragraph of their "Conditions" in the agreement.)View attachment 193356

Is there an emoticon for sarcasm? If you read Mike's posts about Bonaire crime, you'll see he thinks it's ludicrous for visitors to have to protect their property by not protecting their property (i.e., leaving truck doors unlocked and/or windows down).

Is there an emoticon for sarcasm? If you read Mike's posts about Bonaire crime, you'll see he thinks it's ludicrous for visitors to have to protect their property by not protecting their property (i.e., leaving truck doors unlocked and/or windows down).

IMO posting to leave the key in the ignition without clearly noting sarcasm was irresponsible.

Bonaire crime is nothing new...

Shore_Diving_Exposed.png

Regards,

Ray Purkis

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom