True story.......................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good for you, it is nice to know that our training will come in handy if we just remember what it was and how to apply it when we need it.

Just a comment or two on the tongue-in-the-regulator-hole discourse. This method has been around for some time. I was taught the technique back in the 70s for taking initial breaths with a 'wet' or incompletely cleared regulator or snorkel. It was especially useful for double hose regulators and flexible snorkels that had corrugated hoses, which were prone to trap water in the folds where the hose bent.

I don't know where the technique originated, or which, if any, certifying agency had it as part of its curriculum. At the time, I was being cross trained by a retired Navy diver and his staff, and ended up with PADI, NAUI and YMCA certifications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom