Trying to get pregnant and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the baby aspirin do? Just asking because I'm advanced maternal age, trying to get pregnant, too.

Hi Tracydr,

There is some research evidence suggesting that low-dose aspirin during pregnancy can reduce premature births in women with risk factors such as a prior hx of pregnancy loss/premature birth/preterm labor, being at risk for preeclampsia, or having diabetes or a blood clotting abnormality. Also, in one study women with a hx of premature births who took low-dose aspirin during pregnancy had children with fewer medical problems 5-yrs after birth than offspring of women who did not take the drug during gestation.

Not all experts are in agreement as to the wisdom of taking aspirin during pregnancy and there is much ongoing discussion regarding which women are the best candidates and when and how much aspirin should be used.

The above leaves out any discussion of the risks of aspirin to both the mother and unborn child, and there are legitimate concerns. Obviously aspirin is not to be used as part of a healthy pregnancy regimen unless specifically prescribed.

Regards,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual and should not be construed as such.

found this thread... i know its kind of old... as i saw "starfish" posted on effects of the deep saturation dives.... but what about on the effects of recreational dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom