TSA is lightening up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC:
Just came back from Barbados. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Barbados officials would let you take booze on board but it had to be purchased in the airport, placed in a special bag, and they would hand it to you at the plane door.

TSA says......(at that time) NO liquids of any kind on board.

Actually for the restrictions in place at that time, both Barbados and the TSA in Miami were correct

The rules were (still are actually) That if you purchase duty free items AND if they are taken to the plane by the staff etc its allowed. The restrictions further state that once you clear customs in the US that if you have go get on another plane, that you MUST place those duty free items into your checked luggage, which of course you have since you had to clear customs.

The right hand/left hand issue is the typical "no problem found, replaced user"

2 minutes on the TSA web site and the folks traveling international would have been prepared:popcorn:

I agree with what you say if....

if you have the time to get your bags...open them... and put the stuff inside without getting run over by 400 other people trying to make a flight....

if you have web access in Barbados prior to and just after all the changes.

RICHinNC:
I agree with what you say if....

if you have the time to get your bags...open them... and put the stuff inside without getting run over by 400 other people trying to make a flight....

if you have web access in Barbados prior to and just after all the changes.

edited comment.........

The post made it sound like the TSA and other security folks were not complying with the rules. I was simply pointing out that they did follow the in-place rules.

And you are correct if you were caught with the new rules you would not have been aware of them. It would be great if security folks were more helpful, but they are understaffed and trying to do a job that has many challenges. It is the world we live in.

I wasn't providing any opinion on whether the rules are feasible or not.

I can tell you that being a road warrier, I have seen some rather bizzare things at security check points and I really hate flying on "amature" travel days (holidays, spring break, etc). Those who don't travel seem to get "surprised" a lot at airport security check points. It's been this way ever since 911.

Cheers

No problem Steve.....didnt take it negative in any manner.

Back
Top Bottom