Tulsa - Looking for Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbrown4ou:
Rereading my post I thought I should clarify that by "like-minded and like skilled" I meant I was hoping to find a dive buddy equally as excited about diving as myself, but not too advanced of a diver - as I wouldn't want to limit their diving given that I'm still pretty new to the sport and thus definitely no expert. Unfortunately, I still haven't found anyone to go diving with; so, have pretty much decided to give up on diving. Thus, I will probably be posting a listing of equipment I will have for sale in the next couple of days (waiting on the new DiveRite RG2500 regulator setup I just ordered to arrive first). Will also have a DiveRite BP/W, Aeris Atmos 1 computer, etc.

Do not give up diving ! Just like one of the other posts stated most people are not diving right now.

If you're ever down around Broken Bow give me a shout, it's only about an hour away for me. Several of us dive the lake there during summer. There's a couple of nice wall dives by some cliffs. :D

If you dont give up diving before the 4'th of july email me!!
I will be staying on beaver lake that weel and need someone to dive with, hopefully someone who knows the lake. Anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction please contact me. I am an instructor but enjoy all levels of diving and dive buddies, I just love being underwater!! I'll have my drysuit, doubles and deco bottle if needed. They all work in shallow water too!

I like in Bentonville AR which is about 15 minutes from Beaver Lake, my brother and I try to dive a couple of times a month even when the water is 43 degrees, nothing a 7mm and a lot of hot water in the suit can't fix. During the spring and summer we plan on diving several times a week at Beaver Lake. If anyone ever needs anyone to dive with give me a call or an instant message, I am always looking for new places to dive and anything that will get me in the water. If nothing else we can dive with more then 2 people, more the better.

Boomo

94GTStang and his girlfriend, and my wife and I are both in the Moore, OK area. That's a bit far from Tulsa, but we plan on making some dives at tenkiller during the summer. We dove down at Clear Springs in TX this past weekend. The water was about 52F and we managed alright with just 7mm, hoods, and gloves. The girls were a bit cold though.

I'll post up when we go out there, and perhaps get a few people from here. I have been diving for about 5 years, and by no means am an expert since I don't get do dive but maybe 5 times a year.

Check with your LDS for local trips they take. Mine goes to Lake ELmer Thomas or Murray every Sunday morning. If I want to go (and assuming my son isn't up to going with me) I know I can show up there 7:30 am on any given Sunday and go with them. But I need water 60degrees or above so this isn't my time of year yet.
Even if everyone is buddied up, I've never seen anyone mind taking a 3rd diver.

EuphoriaII:
Check with your LDS for local trips they take. Mine goes to Lake ELmer Thomas or Murray every Sunday morning. If I want to go (and assuming my son isn't up to going with me) I know I can show up there 7:30 am on any given Sunday and go with them. But I need water 60degrees or above so this isn't my time of year yet.
Even if everyone is buddied up, I've never seen anyone mind taking a 3rd diver.
It's not so bad with a 7mm wetsuit, hood, and gloves. We went this las weekend to Clear Springs Scuba in TX and the water was 52F at about 30 feet.

The two girls that were with us weight 110-120 each, and they managed to not cry too much about the cold. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom