Turkey Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually up here in Lady Lake near Leesburg. It's going to take longer then expected to get there as there is no direct road. So 9 am is going to be better for me.

Had a fun dive at Ginnie Springs on turkey day. I didn't run into any SBers there, but brought a buddy with me from Baltimore who really enjoyed the dive.

Question about Blue Springs for ya'll since we may do that dive on our way back up on Sunday...is there a dive shop nearby to rent gear at? Is there much to see/do for non-cave certified divers there?

This won't be a caven dive unless two or more of you are caven certified. Also, the spring run is a great snorkle and drift if you're not going to dive. Play ground for kids, camp stoves for cooking, the river has alligators (sometimes) and otters, and big fish to see in the crystal clear water. There are trails to hike, if you're into that sort of thing.

"is there a dive shop nearby to rent gear at?" Not that I'm aware of. Best have your gear when you arrive. Sorry but most shops close on Sunday to be able to dive themselves. :11:

Good call on shops being closed on Sunday - I forgot all about that. I've got gear with me but my buddy doesn't, which is the problem. I'll see if he's up for squeezing in a Saturday dive. Thanks!

no need to thank, my pleasure, I'm a picture snapping fool... I am soooo tired, I am debating diving with you guys tomorrow morning, I have been diving every day this week, JUST walked in from two days in west palm... it was perfect Friday, then especially rough seas today, I fed the fish after the first dive, and after the second... I really think it was more the diesel exhaust, than the seas (and maybe a slight hang-ver to boot).

What did you guys decide on, between 8:30 and 9 at the gate?

We are meeting at 9:00 AM. Anyone who wants to join in is welcome.

metaldector:
We are meeting at 9:00 AM. Anyone who wants to join in is welcome.

Hey guys , thanks for TWO wonderful dives today in Blue!!! Wonderful water , wonderful buddies and wonderful weather!!!
It was sooo wierd down there near the bottom in the dark and then POOF , watching the whole cavern light up with those camera flashes.....!!!

OUTSTANDING DAY!!! My utmost gratitude and thanks !!!

Jean
(jeandiver)

it was just another typical diving day at Blue Spring. Air temp 74, water temp 72, sunny, clear water with vis over 65'. So what ya want to do next time, shore dive in zero vis?
We had 5 SB'ers, today. One from Georgia, one from Jacksonville, one from Tampa, and two from Orlando. Come and visit the water is fine!

Sounds like you guys had alotta fun :) Next time I get into the area, I'll do my best to go check this site out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom