Tusa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am also in the need of a BC. I looked at as many as I could at the Beneath the Sea Expo, tried on as many as I could at LDS as well as diving with several models last month while in Mexico.

I have narrowed my search down to about 7 models I am still considering. One of which is the BCJ-3800. It is one I tried on at the Expo but have not had a chance to dive with it yet.

Good luck with your search

Not even getting into the BP/W debate.

There are many top quality companies making BCs, Tusa isn't one of them.

Go with SEAQUEST, ZEAGLE, SCUBAPRO, ETC

I like the Tusa because of the way it doesn't get in my way, because of the balance it offers with back weight pockets, and because of the absolute durability of the product. 1000 threads per inch is lifetime material. While there are many good BCDs out there, the Tusa Imprex pro is the most streamlined and the best value for the money. I don't do industrial diving, and I use a single tank. Most of my diving is spearfishing or grabbing lobster. but when I'm taking pictures I like the lack of drag that the Tusa offers and the absolute comfort. P.

pkmaven once bubbled...
I like the Tusa because of the way it doesn't get in my way, because of the balance it offers with back weight pockets, and because of the absolute durability of the product. 1000 threads per inch is lifetime material. While there are many good BCDs out there, the Tusa Imprex pro is the most streamlined and the best value for the money. I don't do industrial diving, and I use a single tank. Most of my diving is spearfishing or grabbing lobster. but when I'm taking pictures I like the lack of drag that the Tusa offers and the absolute comfort. P.

A nitpick here. the material is 1000 denier. Denier literally refers to how much 9000 meters of the fiber weighs. Therefore a 1000 denier nylon thread is significantly thicker and heavier than a 200 denier nylon thread.

As another note, I just looked at the Tusa site. The new Tusa Imprex Pro has... a number of new "features." It has a bungeed inflation bag, the weights are no longer "kidney-mounted," the inflation bag looks significantly larger and less streamlined.

Back
Top Bottom