Twin Lakes 4/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver:
Bruce always good to get a little variety..I have stayed at AKR several times myself but it has been a long time. I would like to try that side of the island again. Be sure to give us a trip report when you return.
Ann

Ann,

No problem I am having a hard time concentrating at the moment, I think they call it short timers syndrome. I hear the tide coming in, the picture is becoming clear, the job stress is leaving, oh sorry reality hits the kids are up.

Bruce

Here is a little bit of paradise at CCV to get you through the next 2days

http://www.cocoviewresort.com/cam.html

the web cam over the front yard at CCV

Have fun take lots of pics and send a trip report.

I may not get to make it Sunday after all. Sport Diver's has had my regulator for 2 weeks and still have not finished the annual on it. They say that nothing is wrong with it, just haven't gotten to it. Not sure I will get it back tomorrow

Ed....we've got an extra set of regs if that's all that's keeping you away.

Dee:
Ed....we've got an extra set of regs if that's all that's keeping you away.

Dee
What time are you all planning on being there? Have a wedding and reception to go to tonight, so might not dive tomorrow. At least would like to stop by and say hello.

Hard to say exactly but we usually aim for aorund noon.

I went by Twin Lakes today about 4, talked to Sheila and she said that the Swamp divers had already been there and gone. Sorry I missed you'all. I hope to get by there another time on a Sunday when it gets a little warmer.

Beast and I had a nice time at the lake today. TPH got there just after we did. Sure was nice to have my Phinn Bud along once again. Leisurom strolled over and visited a bit. Missed the rest of ya'll!

Water was pegged at 69º above 18-20ft. Didn't stay below that long enough for a reading! I was testing a new Hyperstretch 3mm shorty and was real pleased with it. Yes...I finally found some rubber I can stand! It was cloudy and the typical winds were blowing.

Vis was about 6-8 feet, depending on how you judge it. The bubble grass is really pretty, it loves cold water, and the other varieties are starting to grow. Saw lots of big Bass and big Perch, no intermediates. But the best sighting was a school of about 500 est. 1" baby Bass! I haven't seen them that small or in that large a school. Usually by the time they are finger size, they are really skittish and in groups of 6 or less.

All-in-all a very cool day!

Dee:
I think we just might make it. Beast is working Sat. but Sunday is clear so far. The Sam Marcus river was fun but my gear is missing that green water! I just might dip my toes in is the temps aren't too bad.

I also was at twin lakes yesterday but i missed you we arrived at about 3:00 they said you werer ther from 12:00-2:00 the water was cold good thing I now know I can werar my 3/2 wetsuit in 70 degrees hope to catch you guys next time. also please when you set up another dive fro twim lakes tell us what time so I can met up with you I am only about 30 min away. from the lakes

DRAT! Didn't know you were coming out. Now that the water's warming up we'll be out there most every Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom