U.S. Divers Conshelf 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bottom line...
Any Aqua-Lung/US Divers shop can still get parts and service that reg.
Or, I'll pay shipping + $20 and you won't have to worry 'bout it anymore :)
Rick

Jamiei,

Try your luck on ebay, there is a guy called "suboceanservices" who sometimes has US Divers service kits for sale. But there are others from time to time.

The conshelf is a balanced diaphragm regulator and the parts are interchangeable with conshelf's 14 - 22 and the titan series at least (even most if the internals are the same as the SEA first stage. Indeed the first stage service kit covers about 6 different first stages but with various o'rings left over from each different model.

I'd just service the second stage as well, very simple and they breath very well.

Any octo can be put on it and it has good flow rates. You can even get a din adapter for it.

Cheers,

I've been using a Conshelf SE2 for over 10 years now, and have absolutely no complaints about any aspect of it's performance. It's had annual servicing and been completely trouble free.

Recently I've been thinking about "upgrading" to a newer regulator, like an Apeks TX-40 with DS4 first stage. But everything I look at, even mailorder, is going to run a minimum of $350-$500 with octo.

So, I'm wondering, would I really notice any differences between the SE2 and a newer regulator, or should I just keep diving the SE2 indefinitely? Thanks for any comments.

Don

Tech 3324

I bought a Conshelf SE2 about the same time You did and maybe for the same reason, it was pomoted by retailers as the reg of choice by the US Navy (after their reg tests in about '91 or thereabouts).
It was OK at the time but did not breathe as well ( especially below 35 metres) as the older metal conshelfs, no matter how you adjusted it.
To cut a long story short, check out some of the new balanced regs (balanced first & second stages) from Scubapro. Aqualung or Apeks.. you'll be amazed how much easier they breathe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom