U/W housings for IPhones?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if this has been mentioned but with the DiveVolk can you wirelessly charge the iPhone through the case? That would be friggin awesome!

Also on the DiveVolk, are there recommended "consumables" to get with the housing like replacement gaskets etc?

That looks like it would be a pain in the ass, dry gloves would be a problem. I won't dive anywhere that requires more than a 3mm wetsuit, so I have only used the Divevolk with bare fingers. My drysuit diving in zero visibility days are long behind me now.
Would be fun to have a great quality photo of your zero vis to show your nondriver friends. :)

DiveVolk comes with a spare white silicone door seal (has like 3 sealing surfaces) and needs no o-ring grease, etc.

There is a "puck" charger available you can charge the iPhone right through the housing but it's not super fast. I have one but it's simpler to pop the phone out and charge with a corded charger.

I get long life from my iPhone 13 PRO Max size phone and usually can go a whole day and multiple dives without opening it.

Depends how much you leave the screen on at full brightness, shutting it down (sleep) while swimming around, etc.

DH

One other advantage to the Divevolk that no one has mentioned is that in case of an emergency you can call 911 while on the surface. Nice to have when you surface and the boat is nowhere in sight.

How's the image stabilization on the iPhone for videos underwater? Close enough to a GoPro?

How's the image stabilization on the iPhone for videos underwater? Close enough to a GoPro?
I'm an android guy, Galaxy 22+. great stabilized videos, macro and stills.
I gave my GoPro away after using my phone with the Divevolk.

Throughout the day do you just leave the phone in the Divevolk and recharge when going to bed?

BN-CB469_0326Ph_H_20140324160029.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom