Uemis Zurich OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kharn

Registered
Reaction score
After a few years of "life" getting in the way of diving I've come back to the sport with a lot of enthusiasm to get back in the water. With that goal in mind, upgrading all my twelve year old gear has been at the top of my list of priorities. Specifically, I've been looking forward to upgrading my analog dive console to a wirelessly-integrated dive computer.

While I've found a lot of great computers from Uwatec, Suunto, Oceanic, and the like I haven't found anything that has wowed me. That is until I stumbled upon this Swiss beauty on YouTube, the Uemis Zurich OLED Dive Computer. Unfortunately I can't post URL since this is my first post on the forum but if you type in "Uemis Zurich" on YouTube you'll find the video.

Its two main selling points are the OLED screen (aka really bright, clear, and always on colored display) and the solar panel located on top of the device for in-the-field recharging.

Retails for EUR 1,120 or USD $1,600
Release date of Spring 2009

For more information check the company's website, it's just uemis.com

I haven't found much additional information on the unit but would love to hear from anyone who has their ear to the ground in Europe. Even though it's totally unrealistic for someone like myself to own such a device I'm hoping it sets a precedent for OLED displays in dive computers for the future. Ones that the rest of us can afford.

A lot of money for what is basically a recreational computer since it uses a proprietary deco algorithm.

For that price you may as well go with the Liquivision X1, OLED and does do Trimix and 10 gasses for not much more.

Mat.

You mean even with your employee discount you still can't afford one?

Being someone who is recently unemployed I can't. :depressed:

Still, for a non-tech diver who doesn't care about trimix it looks pretty snazzy. I just think it looks like a dive computer "should" look in 2009 and not like the 1989 Gameboy dive comps I've seen from most other companies. Now I'm not saying a dive comp like the Uwatec Galileo Sol isn't good (as it's probably 10x better)but this Zurich is sure more pleasing to my iPhone accustomed sensibilities. An aesthetically pleasing presentation in tech is always welcome.

Last edited:
ooooo, purdy colors, might distract me from the colorful fish.

But 1600 is pretty expensive :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom