Uh oh, gained a few pounds! Need a new semi dry or nice wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been a few years since my last dives. I broke out my Mares 5/4/3 in XL, and man, I used to fit into that thing! Holy cow!

Ok, I'm 5'-10" , 200lbs , between a 36" and 38" waist, 48" chest

so the XL was wayyyyyyy to tight

If it were upto me, I'd dive dry all year round, but living in Florida, I could see the looks getting on a dive boat in 90 degree weather and putting on a dry suit :)

i just love love how comfortable they are

So I'm in need of a new wetsuit. I hate being cold. Temps have been in the low 70's upper 60's I been reading at the bottom lately.

i want something comfortable, but also I don't want to get cold in the middle of a dive.

its been a few years, so I'm sure their are new suits out their, like a semi dry with front zippers for easy donning on and off

I remember back around 2007 diving a Mares Semi dry suit, after a full dive I would have a cup of water in the suit if I can remember.

any suggestions?

I see more and more people wearing dry suits, even in tropical environments like the Red Sea. If you have a trilam, it's just what you wear underneath that the determines how warm you get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom