Unbalanced P-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol, SB makes me laugh. I post a thread called "Unbalanced P-Valve", mention up front how I just installed an unbalanced p-valve, and ask how people dive their unbalanced p-valve and several people post in reply that they prefer balanced p-valves :).

Lol, SB makes me laugh. I post a thread called "Unbalanced P-Valve", mention up front how I just installed an unbalanced p-valve, and ask how people dive their unbalanced p-valve and several people post in reply that they prefer balanced p-valves :).

That's ANY forum LOL! This would be where I tell you to get a backplate and wing, buuuuut I think that bridge has been crossed here. :D

Litehedded, what brand of balanced valve are you using that works so well? As I said my Halcyon has failed me twice and it is supposed to be the top of line. They charge the most for it anyhow.

mine is halcyon. had it maybe three years in my suit now with zero issues
my unbalanced is an old salvo

Okay, I give . . . when urine is not sterile upon passage from the body, there is some pathology in the urinary tract. Urine from people with normal urinary tracts which is collected cleanly is sterile. There is no reason to fear urine as a disease carrier. The reason we wash hands after urinating is not because of urine, but because, as one of my surgical professors would say, "The entire body from the waist down should be considered as being perpetually covered in stool.". Now, did that make your day?

Found this on the Internet:

"Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection, Evann Hilt of Loyola University of Chicago reported May 18 at a conference of the American Society for Microbiology"

Either way, I don't want to be covered in it.

Found this on the Internet:

"Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection, Evann Hilt of Loyola University of Chicago reported May 18 at a conference of the American Society for Microbiology"

Either way, I don't want to be covered in it.

Urine is sterile in normal people. You're quoting a microbiologist. Find some responses by urologists.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom