Unclear on if I should pay for parts (Aqualung/Apeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aymanme

Registered
Reaction score
I have been having a pair of BCs (Black Diamond and Diva LX) and 2 Apeks regs regularly serviced more often than required. I purchased them in July of 01 from a local Aqualung dealer and have had them serviced annually until 06 and then 2x in 06 and 2x in 07. I take them to the same dealer for service (another just opened closer by, so maybe I'll go there if it is an option). I have noticed recently the services have been significantly more expensive (~300) whereas before they were around 140 or so. When I looked at the invoice carefully, I noticed that it listed some screws and service parts. I had always been under the impression/belief that all maint and repair parts are covered for life provided that I was the original owner and I took it in for service. The maint kits were ridiculously expensive so I would like to know what I am really supposed to be in for.

Thanks everybody.

Unfortunately, Aqualung won't come on ScubaBoard to answer questions! It sucks for us and them! As far as I know, ALL PARTS are supposed to be covered by your warranty!

They do cover all the parts that are normally replaced during annual service ie. O rings seats etc, along with any other manufacture defects. However if you sit on your reg TS. The only charges you should incure are labour and any extra o rings that aren't covered example ones on hoses gauge spool etc. Screws are a bit odd perhaps they were rusted or broken.

Either way I like to give the parts back to the customer if they have any question and what they were charged for.

Screws are a bit odd perhaps they were rusted or broken.

The screws were missing or had fallen out. They are the ones on the black diamond that connect the back piece to the side pieces (sorry I don't know the proper name).

As far as I know, ALL PARTS are supposed to be covered by your warranty!

But the warranty only covers ONE annual servicing, not two.

I have been having a pair of BCs (Black Diamond and Diva LX) and 2 Apeks regs regularly serviced more often than required. I purchased them in July of 01 from a local Aqualung dealer and have had them serviced annually until 06 and then 2x in 06 and 2x in 07. I take them to the same dealer for service (another just opened closer by, so maybe I'll go there if it is an option). I have noticed recently the services have been significantly more expensive (~300) whereas before they were around 140 or so. When I looked at the invoice carefully, I noticed that it listed some screws and service parts. I had always been under the impression/belief that all maint and repair parts are covered for life provided that I was the original owner and I took it in for service. The maint kits were ridiculously expensive so I would like to know what I am really supposed to be in for.

Thanks everybody.

Normal parts should be covered under warranty. The screws from the Black Diamand shouldn't have cost more that 1.00 retail, but then again you need to check the occasionally to make sure they're always tight.

Is there a particular reason you're getting your regs serviced twice a year? They will do a year of diving every day and not break a sweat. Once a year is gracious plenty in my opinion. I dive and service Apeks and have a good idea on how well they hold up.

Back
Top Bottom