Uncomfortable feeling in chest after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepers, I'd forgotten about this one. I have to confess that I never did phone the DAN non-emergency line. I guess the problem was never big enough for me to really worry enough to merit a call.

What I can add to the discussion now is this. I've adjusted my diving a little bit based on stuff I read in these forums and one thing I now try to do is to make a much slower ascent in general but specifically the last few meters after the safety stop. I used to hang around on my safety stop and when it was over think "aah, it's done, now let's get out of here" and then pop to the surface. I now try to make that final ascent as slow as I can and I think it's made a huge difference.

For one I think I can tell that it's made a difference to this strange discomfort I used to feel under my clavicle. I still sometimes experience that feeling after the first dive of a trip but I wouldn't be surprised if it is because my first dive of a trip is usually not my best dive in terms of doing everything properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom