Undergarments for COLD water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess. I will run my 100g to 52* with no problem. Anyway these are my experiences. HTH

Sent from my DROID X2

You must just run A LOT warmer than me (and others). I'd FREEZE in 250g Polartec in 55F, much less 35F. I'm using a crushed neo drysuit, thick hood, dry gloves, base layer, and 400g Thinsulate undergarments, and I'm now shopping for a heated vest, all for usual temps of 50-55F! :)

I've got the perfect cure for your being cold. Go live where i grew up (Alberta) for 2 winters. Do not hide from the cold and you will never have to worry about being cold ever again. :D
I can go for a 50 min dive with my left dryglove flooded and the only thing is my hand is numb.

I did my first couple of years diving in MA. Our winter temps were a few degrees above freezing. I was cold then, and I'm still cold now. :)

I've got the perfect cure for your being cold. Go live where i grew up (Alberta) for 2 winters. Do not hide from the cold and you will never have to worry about being cold ever again. :D
I can go for a 50 min dive with my left dryglove flooded and the only thing is my hand is numb.

You might want to cross post this question to the NorCal section.

Just got a set of BARE super hiloft and am toasty diving in mid-40's waters. Had to add weight to compensate for the loft, though.

I did my first couple of years diving in MA. Our winter temps were a few degrees above freezing. I was cold then, and I'm still cold now. :)
the winter in alberta bottoms out at about -50C or -67F. On a nice day if your lucky and a chinook is not blowing in it might top out at -20C or -4F

anyways as for the discussion i dive with a Thermal Fusion and honestly don't get cold at all.

Hey Doomnova......Winnipeg here. Gotcha beat hands down lol!

Dove today. 70F outside with water temps around 38F. I wore my Lavacore top with my Bare CT200, bare legs under the CT200. Did about 25 minutes at 130 and was warm as a kitten.

Lol, I was talking water temp. I don't think they get that much colder than 35ishF. :)

the winter in alberta bottoms out at about -50C or -67F. On a nice day if your lucky and a chinook is not blowing in it might top out at -20C or -4F

anyways as for the discussion i dive with a Thermal Fusion and honestly don't get cold at all.

Hey Doomnova......Winnipeg here. Gotcha beat hands down lol!

Dove today. 70F outside with water temps around 38F. I wore my Lavacore top with my Bare CT200, bare legs under the CT200. Did about 25 minutes at 130 and was warm as a kitten.
So are we going to turn this into who can stip down the most while still being able to dive in cold waters? this could be interesting.

You might want to cross post this question to the NorCal section.

Just got a set of BARE super hiloft and am toasty diving in mid-40's waters. Had to add weight to compensate for the loft, though.

Kinda new to the board, how do I cross post this? Re-post in the NorCal section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you could start a new thread over there asking the same question, or a new thread with a link to this one. I'm relatively new here too, so don't know if there's a rule against it, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom