Underwater Avalanche

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveLeak.com - Underwater Avalanche

Worth a look. Doesn't look like anyone got hurt, but definitely could have been worse.

Jason

without looking at the tags i recognized that as cabo!
it happens quiet a bit here, especially when the surf is big, the sand builds up along the shore, and right at the shore the boats come ashore to leave the people at the new beach at pelican rock, and they drag the sand as they reverse out. it is quiet the eye opener.
with summer, this will happen more as the swell comes into the bay during this time of year...

An avalanche like that killed Parker Turner . . .

I've seen that at Cabo, but never that big.

I had no idea that particular phenomenon ever happens. Thanks for the opportunity to see it here. If I ever see one in person, I'll be much more likely to take it in stride and respond effectively as a result.

I will forever remember that story...remember reading it years ago now.

I have a huge respect for technical divers, I'm not talking those that fiddle around on a rebreather within NDL, but those who have significant recompression obligations and or overhead restrictions. Your head has got to be screwed on straight. Imagine being down to 300 psi with no way out and still being able to concentrate on getting out without panicking etc.

no thank you.

My thoughts were as I watched that ... they are not giving it a wide enough birth/distance/respect

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom