Underwater maps.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver4christ

Contributor
Reaction score
I lke to take the maps I get from local sites and then I scan and reprint them on my PC and then lamenate them to use underwater it seems to work pretty good. Any suggetstions on improving this???

Are they leaking? is that why your looking for alternatives? Although i havent tried it, i have a really good vacuum sealer. I could probably put the page in and vacuum seal the hell out of it and i would be absoloutly positive that it would not leak. probably would last a really long time.

Actually I have dove with them yet.What I am wanting to do is seal them and then put a ring thru the corner so I can have several on the ring and don't have to look for them when I do a dive. I don't think the lamanent seals that just stick together will work but I think that those you heat seal might work and I can leave enough room at the edge to put a hole for the ring.

yea with my vacuum sealer you can use quart bags, gallon bags, or make it however long you want with the roll. the roll is 11 5/8" wide but usable is 10 3/4" and you can make it however long you want. I have the foodsaver from tillia. it was their highest model. but i think a newer one came out. but even their lowest model should be good enough. and the bags are designed to go from freezer to microwave to boiling, so i dont see them leaking unless you puncture them and the bags are pretty sturdy. actually now that you mention that it sounds like a good idea. now i just need to find some underwater maps for san diego....lol

I've done site maps in B&W using a copy machine and "Rite in the rain" paper, since the paper is waterproof you can't use an ink jet, it says that on the package but I tried it anyhow and what do you know, they're right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom