Underwater Marriage Proposal?? It works in North Carolina Freshwater!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProMed

Registered
Reaction score
Around 2 weeks ago on 10/27 my beautiful girlfriend of 6+ years and I went diving at a local quarry (Blue Stone in Thomasville, NC) and, after scoping everything out during the first dive, I proposed to her during our second dive of the day. The weather was in the mid 70s which was great for October! We were diving off the dock pictured below and had this entire corner of the quarry to ourself.

There is a platform around 20ft below the dock pictured where I did the actual deed. Communication was done using one of the Dive Rite slates that has 5-6 pages in a two-ring binder configuration. The night before I wrote a few verses from a favorite song that was special to us, as well as the obligatory question on the final page and three little yes/no/maybe boxes for her to choose from. I also had a Dive Rite two pocket pouch for holding the slates and hidden in the back pocket was a $20 CZ/sterling silver ring from Target in a black felt box. I had sewn the ring into the box using some weak thread and after she checked the "yes box" I just snapped it out after opening it on one knee.

We were surrounded by an ever growing number of very curious fish and even had many of the rather elusive freshwater jellyfish squirting around. Long story short she was very surprised, crying actually, and we had to surface. Once up on the dock I kneeled down on one knee and asked her again where I could actually speak the big question to her. We have now spent the last 2 weeks looking at possibly every engagement ring/ bridal set ever shipped into the state of North Carolina... and it appears she finally has it narrowed down to the final 3! :coffee:

Looks like we are now getting married on April 12 or March 29 and the wedding planning fun has already begun.. Time for me to start using the search function to find the perfect honeymoon spot with great diving! Any advice??

Thanks for taking the time to read the story of my lucky day with the love of my life!
Paul

-If anyone is interested in which song the lyrics written on slates were from, click here for the music video!

Blue Stone Dive Resort in Thomasville, NC
BlueStoneDiveResort.jpg

Awwww how sweet are you????? Congrats to you both!!

If you guys need help with the wedding, that happens to be my specialty, so let me know!! :D :D

:hugs: Good luck and best wishes!

Congratulations! I completed my PADI IDC and IE with Bob at Blue Stone a few years ago. Great place for training and, of course, proposing to your bride-to-be!

Congrats.......good marriages always start with friends and common interests.

I am very happy she said yes...Very creative...But I was beginning to worry about the $20 ring:)

Many congratulations....

Back
Top Bottom