Undone Tank Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
Mine would let the tank slip if I wasn't able to wet it first. I ended buying a ScubaPro metal buckle strap and putting it on. That tank will never move again.

Marc
The new backplate and wing setup I got for Christmas came with 2 cambands, both with unique metal buckles....... the metal buckle is shaped so that it literally SNAPS into position with an audible ((clank)). If I don't get the Clank it's not tight enough. The camstraps themselves also come with a rubber grip-pad already stitiched on, to grab that tank.

The cam bands with metal ratchet buckles are sold by Halcyon and are available separately from the BC........

Since I began using them (and my wing) I have never lost a tank, although I did have my tanks shift on me a few times when diving a jacket.

My opinions. YMMV

Like blood in the water........

Just 3 free sets left....

See post #37 for my free offer.

Regards,

Tobin George

cool_hardware52:
Like blood in the water........

Just 3 free sets left....

See post #37 for my free offer.

Regards,

Tobin George
Got mine in the mail today...will try them out Sunday. Thanks!

xSandman3:
Got mine in the mail today...will try them out Sunday. Thanks!

Wow,

I guess I'll have to stop saying those terrible things about the post office :D

Please let us all know how they perform.

Regards,

Tobin George

ps 1 set left......

if you guys have weight integrated bc's and aren't sure how easy things will be, I suggest getting into a pool with a buddy, or go to your local dive shop and hop in with one of their classes, and your new gear, and try it out. That way you're in a controlled environment, wearing gear you normally wear on dives, and you can figure out what works for you in order to safely complete whatever problem solving you need to

BTW,

I tried those cam strap pads that Cool_hardware is offering... way nice. I have one student who has NEVER gone through a day of diving without losing at least one tank unless I cinch them. I refused, and I didn't tell her she had one of the pads on there. She didn't do a very good job (not much strength) but the pad did as advertised and she did NOT lose a tank. They are well made (not chintsy) and look like they will hold up fine, but the proof is in the pudding. I may have to get them for all of my BCs.

My original BC, Beauchat "Tec" has strap that I have never wet, and never had a problem of slipping.
Of course, havn't seen this brand in US in couple of years.

Another suggestion to prevent slippage that I was told (just so you know I don't take credit for it) is that you coat the inner side of the cam strap with contact cement. Let it dry fully before use. It will keep the strap from slipping.

Man, my pimp Sequest BlacK Diamond BC has "Patented Tank Traction System (TTS) ensures the tank is firmly attached to the BC" rubbed pad, that keeps that thing in there. Never lost it...........don't wet my strap either. Nice.

NetDoc:
BTW,

I tried those cam strap pads that Cool_hardware is offering... way nice. I have one student who has NEVER gone through a day of diving without losing at least one tank unless I cinch them. I refused, and I didn't tell her she had one of the pads on there. She didn't do a very good job (not much strength) but the pad did as advertised and she did NOT lose a tank. They are well made (not chintsy) and look like they will hold up fine, but the proof is in the pudding. I may have to get them for all of my BCs.

Hi Pete,

Glad those pads I sent are working. One of my test criteria was if my 89 lb daughter could close the buckle... and still have a secure cylinder.

Regards,

Tobin George

Back
Top Bottom