Upcoming Curacao and Aruba Trip - Advice Requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jay

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there!

My wife and I are heading to Curacao and Aruba late October. We plan to spend a week on each island and could use some advice.

1. Rental cars - we've noticed there are a lot of "off-brand" rental car agencies on each island. By "off-brand" I mean not Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc. Any experience with them and recommendations? Also, we will need to drop off our car in Aruba before most places open (first flight of the day out) -- do most places have 'after hours' drop off arrangements?

2. Diving in Curacao - We are staying at the NW end of the island and plan to use Go West Diving. However, their trips seem limited to that end of the island. Any recommendations for operators/shore diving on the SE end of the island? My wife and I are good (OWSI and DM) and adventurous divers, so any off the beaten track recommendations would be nice.

3. Topside in Curacao - Any recommendations for must-dos on Curacao? Just like diving, our topside adventures tend to be eclectic and off the beaten track but we don't mind the touristy or the tacky "world's giant ball of string"-type stuff either. Also, what are some must-try foods and beverages? We love local flavor and street food!

4. Diving in Aruba - Based on discussions here on ScubaBoard, we are planning on using "Dive with Clive' for our Aruba Diving. However, are there any interesting, off the beaten track (see a theme here?) operators or dives you would recommend?

5. Topside in Aruba - Same request as number 3 above.

Along with the above, any advice, tips, warnings etc. regarding travel to these islands?

Thanks - Jay

Hi Jay,
We live in Westpunt. Email me at curacaosunshine@gmail.com and I'll send you our notes on the west end of the island. If you do not see them, please check your spam or junk folders. US servers, especially Comcast does not like foreign mail with attachments.
Check out Neils at dive Charter Curacao for East end dives. there are countless number of shore dives for you to explore.
Definitely have a loempia at Dushi Loempia on Winston Churchill Weg very near the ring road.

Check out Aruba Bob Snorkeling when you go to Aruba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom