Upcoming Technical Conference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of Diving, TomR. I was just on Jon's boat today. I noticed a few items missing/broken etc. What's up with that?

Are you two guys like bulls in china shops or something?

Oh yeah, smooth and graceful ends at 1 ATA.

hehehehehe

P.S.

I put the pink tag line out for you.......... I left a sign on it too........"Wennies grab here"

2 inch wide letters, bright yellow..........on all 4 "sides" of the line.........hehehehehe

Now that's funny.........ROTFLMAO

Steve

Tom R:
What no representation from the DIR community :wink:

I know I am late on this and I see the wink Tom, but I have to add a comment to what you posted...

Contrary to what some in the DIR community like to suggest and even believe (and I really don't mean you Tom) - they didn't invent technical diving, they only established another protocal for doing it and gave it a catchy title.

The people listed at this lecture have had some VERY noteable accomplishments in their day and done more dives and more technical diving development than 95% of the people who post in the DIR forum of scubaboard. It's always fun to see their posts numbering in the thousands but with actual dives in the dozens.

The DIR comment is IMHO was not needed.

Cousteau wasn't DIR - does that dimish his accomplishments or what he did to bring awareness to the sport and the environment?

If George Irvine or JJ were presenting at a forum with a bunch of other guys who all dive DIR and someone said " What - No normal divers just a bunch of Zealots?" the you know what would have hit the fan.

Just my two cents..

It's ok, I think he needs a new "Squelch" knob for his radio after today, too :)

heheheh

Life's a bloody hoot.

Oh yeah the charter's now going up in price, hehehehe, he can't afford to have us on his boat anymore. Jon keeps telling me to sit the heck down until I'm ready to fall off the boat. He mentioned something about my bipedal grace, plus a few other words that won't make it past the language controls on this board.

He says we should learn how to dive before we go out next. Any chance you've got an hour to spare so we can do the DIRf course? 20mins for lunch, right?

"whambulance". I like that one. That was the first thing I noticed when I boarded this AM.

Dive Source:
If George Irvine or JJ were presenting at a forum with a bunch of other guys who all dive DIR and someone said " What - No normal divers just a bunch of Zealots?" the you know what would have hit the fan.

actually the opposite from what Tom said, even with the :wink:, would have been "what - no normal divers?" without the zealot attack... hehe

d33ps1x:
Ok I have a new approach. Let's see how far we could take this multiuse thread off topic!

Anyone have any great recipes for asparagus?

Marinate in Oil and basalmic Vinegar then sprinkle with granulated garlic and grill on the BBQ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom