Upper keys dive op recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nk5

Reaction score
I'll be in Miami on business in a couple of weeks and I'll have the weekend to myself. Can anyone recommend a good dive op around Key Largo or Islamorada? Thanks.

I'm super happy with Ocean Divers....Take my classes there for their Open Waters and Advanced Open Waters

Quiescence Dive Center is a 6 pack boat. Very well run operation. Conch Republic or Divers City in Islamorado. Will you be staying in the Keys or driving down from Miami? If you are going to be staying over, Quiescence is right next door to the Marriott Hotel. Kinda pricey, but very nice.

Thank you for your responses. I know Blue Water got Rodale's #1 pick, which kinda makes me uncomfortable! I'm affraid that the publicity may turn a good operation into a cattle boat. Has anyone dove with them lately?

try divers city in tavernier. they have the flexibility to dive key largo sites and those off tavernier and islamorada. excellent operator!!!! the only one i dive with.

reefman
key largo

diverscityusa.com

I dove with Joe at "Dive IN". He is nice, very site knowledgable, and worked with us on price. The topper is the equipement.. 2 year old boat that is the fastest I saw (we cruised at 42 mph!). They have a AC area below and a fresh water rinse. The tanks (steel 80's) were purchased 11/2002! We wanted to try a few OP's in the area (since this was Iour first dive in Key Largo) so we later dove with a "Rodales top rated op"... they had a boat that was slow, rusty, run-down, and when they offered a rinse I used it and started noticing a funny smell and then my wife pointed out the green algea running down my face. In addition, the boat captain (who they hired from USTow that morning) was about two hours late.

Dive In is a fairly new operation and seems to try real hard to make you happy and hopefully build business.

nk5 once bubbled...
Thank you for your responses. I know Blue Water got Rodale's #1 pick, which kinda makes me uncomfortable! I'm affraid that the publicity may turn a good operation into a cattle boat. Has anyone dove with them lately?
That wasn't us! I think Horizon Divers holds that distinction.

We have a small boat. While certified for 15, we carry a maximum of 10 divers, and focus on customer service. Check out our website at www.BlueWaterDiver.net and let me know if we can help.

Rebel once bubbled...
I dove with Joe at "Dive IN". He is nice, very site knowledgable, and worked with us on price. The topper is the equipement.. 2 year old boat that is the fastest I saw (we cruised at 42 mph!). They have a AC area below and a fresh water rinse. The tanks (steel 80's) were purchased 11/2002! We wanted to try a few OP's in the area (since this was Iour first dive in Key Largo) so we later dove with a "Rodales top rated op"... they had a boat that was slow, rusty, run-down, and when they offered a rinse I used it and started noticing a funny smell and then my wife pointed out the green algea running down my face. In addition, the boat captain (who they hired from USTow that morning) was about two hours late.

Dive In is a fairly new operation and seems to try real hard to make you happy and hopefully build business.

I agree, they are excellent!
Http://www.diveinflkeys.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom