URGENT- Divers I need your help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish:
But is something like spearfishing really a "scuba" contest ? (Is a fishing tournament a boating contest?)
Well, I suppose if you don't consider a water polo match a swimming contest then you'd be one who doesn't consider a spearfishing contest a Scuba contest... everyone's entitled to their point of view I suppose.
Rick

If you surface from a dive and you've had a great time and you're still alive, you win. Hooray! Good job!

There are freediving competitions, don't know if that's something you can look at as well.

I have heard that there may be an "Ultimate Diver Challenge" held in 2007 or 2008 in Cozumel. I don't have a lot of specifics, but I will try to find out more. Last I heard, it was teams competing for I think and don't quote me on this, $100,000. It is mostly a fund raiser for Coz, but at the same time, if I'm not busy, I'm going to try to be there. I know from talking to the main organizer that it is being pitched to all the dive ops, hotels, manufacturers, publications and just about any other place to do with SCUBA.

Many dive clubs hold an underwater pumpkin carving contest around Halloween.

I know there used to be a public safety diver forum here in orlando,where fire dept. dive teams competed for fun.(equipment donning, fastest auto lift underwater,underwater nav, etc. I think there was a trophy involved also)There were different classifications like novice, intermediate and expert.I am not sure if they are going to have one this year.I have not seen any references to it yet where I normally see it by now.

Our LDS have pumpkin carving contest also.We also have treasure hunts if that
counts.I guess the winner would be the one who wins the biggest prize,BCD,Regulator,
tank,etc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom