URGENT Update from ScubaMau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donation done. I hope it helps.

I really hope this is ligit.

I just had Colleen call the dive shop, and she spoke with Victor at Scubamau. The paypal accounts that Jennifier set up are sure legit, and they need support badly.

Colleen asked me to double our original donation.

Reactions: Jax
Donations and prayers sent for Opal & Gabi.
Julie

Our LDS sent out a note about this situation today, which was good as I haven't been diligent about keeping up with ScubaBoard lately. I am saddened to hear about this terrible accident, and my family has sent what we could to help. I'm not a praying man but I am hoping with all I've got that Opal pulls through this and that Gabi and Heath make speedy recoveries. Everyone at Scuba Mau is in our thoughts.

Matt, Lila, and Jimmy

I wondered the same thing. Is Jennifer the same as JenLoves2Dive?

EDIT: I missed a previous post that answered my question :)

Don't worry. Jen aka JenLovesTo Dive. We know where she stays and hangs out in Cozumel. :wink: She is a sweetie. We have dove with her a few times, Shared a few drinks and laughs with her. She is a regular client at the shop. She also takes some awesome photos and from what I hear makes a killer Margarita.

Donations will be made when I get home.

Someone has posted on facebook that Opal is being airlifted today.

Just called Joseph, Opal's brother and he will sign up to scubaboard shortly to post to reassure everyone these are the legit paypal accounts for Opal & Gabi, that he & his family have created with Jen to accept donations on Opal & Gabi's behalf for their continued medical treatments & air ambulance flight to states for Opal.

Please know that everyone's concerns are greatly appreciated however time IS of the essence here ! They need funds to get her to the states asap. All donations small & large are a blessing - please give generously from your hearts :heart:

Hang in there OPAL you have 1000's who LOVE YOU DEARLY, who are praying for you & who are indeed coming thru for you !! It won't be long & your immediate family & extended families will have you in the best care possible !!

:heart: WE LOVE YOU OPAL & WE WILL COME THRU FOR YOU :heart:

Last edited:
Hello. My name is Joseph Matthews. I am Opals brother. I am here on the island and have been here since the accidnet happened to my sister. First I want to say thank you for all the suppport prayers and positive energy that you all have been sending to my sister. She is made of concrete and is the only person on this planet that is more stubborn than i am. We all know she is going to be back and badder then ever! I have been told that all of you that are wanting to help my sister want to verify that these 2 links are the real deal. They are. If you have any questions dont hesitate to call me at 011-52-8691549 this is the shops number you can also reach the shop at 1-843-271-6034.
I cannot thank you all enough for all the support.

Donation made and posted on Facebook.

Continuing to pray for my dear friends...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom