US Divers Service Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bobby:

Try This.

Thomas

I assume Aqualung is US Divers correct?

Unfortunately I am in the uK, but I know what to look for now!

Boby

Send a Private Message to PhilEllis here on Scuba Board, he owns Dive Sports and is very helpful.

c

Hey Bobby:

US Divers is now Aqualung, I believe. I have old US Divers Rocket fins (in BAD shape), a USD Conshelf SE2 regulator and a USD branded "kill knife" about a foot long. These are definitely old skool. I dunno when everything changed but it was years ago. Maybe some of the more seasoned divers and SB'ers who know more about the lineage can weigh in on this.

Now as far as the parts kits, well, if you don't know which regulator you have and which rebuild kit you need, I would hint that maybe self repair will not be your best option right now. I know with my SE2, I could use this for my first stage and this for my second stage, but it is a lot more than taking the o-rings out and then putting them back in reverse order. Plan on disassembly, cleaning, drying, inspecting, reassembly, testing, and then readdressing any deficiencies. You can't do this with just good mechanical inclination and nothing else.

I would suggest that you pick up Vance Harlow's and Pete Wolfinger's books. These are not how-to repair on all brands but they give you an idea of what to expect. Also, the repair documents for most regulators are floating around on the SB. Do an advanced search though. maybe after all of this you can discover your regulator type.

And finally, repair you regulators at your own risk. You will be your own test diver. Nuff said.

I hope this helps and don't get discouraged. We all have to start somewhere but we also rarely think of all of the aspects and repercussions of things go awry.

With kind regards from North Carolina,
Thomas

I am paying for the kit but my Instructor is going to do it.

I believe the model is 'Select' thats what it says on the reg, on the octopus it says nothing...?

I am going to invest in an up to date set, but I have to get a BCD first.

Bobby

I have bought kits from the Divesports in the link above, they ship to the US so I would assume they would ship to the UK as well. To some extent it does matter what model of reg you have, there are some differences between models but the good news the vast majority of parts are the same so in a pinch you can often use a different kit than the exact one for your reg. If you can tell us what the models are or post photos of them, we can do a better job of getting you the kit number(s). Don't be to quick to replace your old USD, most of them are still fine regs.

05052009031.jpg

05052009032.jpg

05052009033.jpg

05052009034.jpg

I will edit this post in a sec with a 1st stage picture

Bobby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom