US Navy divers with Poseidon XStream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
An image of US Navy divers recovering debris of the downed Chinese surveillance balloon came up recently... one thing caught my eye, they are using debadged Poseidon XStream regulators!
So there you go...

Attachments

• US Navy balloon divers Poseidon XStream .jpg
    US Navy balloon divers Poseidon XStream .jpg
    134 KB · Views: 168
  • US Navy balloon divers Poseidon XStream detail.jpg
    US Navy balloon divers Poseidon XStream detail.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 163
An image of US Navy divers recovering debris of the downed Chinese surveillance balloon came up recently... one thing caught my eye, they are using debadged Poseidon XStream regulators!
So there you go...
I think that they are just using one of the darker covers, like the one below.

My niece sent me that balloon recovery photo the other day and made the snide joke that we hadn't given her "absolute crap" for her upcoming CSU scuba course . . .

Attachments

• B315BEDD-947C-4826-8A96-C92AF26D8FC4.jpeg
    B315BEDD-947C-4826-8A96-C92AF26D8FC4.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 142
Entirely possible, but when I searched for a higher res version on the USNI site, and zoomed in the results are still inconclusive...
Regardless, both Poseidon and Zeagle / Huish (since the diver is also wearing a "Ranger" BC) have got to be enjoying all of the free worldwide advertising -- "The First Choice for Chinese Communist Spy Balloon Oceanic Recovery" or something like that, heh, heh, heh . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 5.24.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 5.24.50 PM.png
    966.2 KB · Views: 131
My niece sent me that balloon recovery photo the other day and made the snide joke that we hadn't given her "absolute crap" for her upcoming CSU scuba course
Thats why I like mine. It tucks nicely under my chin on sidemount and isn't absolute crap. :)
(Not that any specific others are absolute crap, but it very much is not.)

:wink:

Attachments

• CCP balloon.jpg
    CCP balloon.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 136
They use whatever finds its way into the inventory. Military is supplied by the lowest bidder offering the most equipment and support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom