Use of DPV while carrying big U/W Still Camera setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another alternative might be a jet ski than can tow two divers. Surf rescue uses them in my area with what amounts to a small trailer that two people can belly-up on. It “might” work for you. A lot of freediving spearfisherman use them in Southern California.

Hey Burhan,

I was thinking more about this - I use a inflatable kayak for fun / snorkeling and they could accommodate a light kit (tropical setup) + a camera. This way you could just anchor up, do the dive and deflate the kayak into the car when you are all done. No scooter needed.

As much as I like scooters - sometimes they just add up to more maintenance work on top of all the other scuba crap; burn testing, cleaning the seals/prop. assembly of sand, breaking.....

Here is my setup which has served me well...it has an SS mount. The one thing you will have to do if using a large dome is have an extension piece made so that the dome clears the scooter body otherwise it will get hung up. This system works well if in a cave system,beach diving or screwing around at a local watering hole. Perhaps this will give you some additional ideas. Good luck extension-ring.jpgdslr-mount.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom