Used B/P wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
Well, if you bought a new BP with a harness here in the US, it would be about $130. A manifold like that, maybe $100. Two tanks at $140. Overall, I'd say it's a buy and just replace the parts you don't want or need.
I think you forgot the price of a wing! :D

Well over here there is an american Halcyon dealer, I priced it out for a doubles rig. B/P wing and harness is $585 with an aluminum b/p, Hiland bands are $127, A thermal pro manafold is 235, Plus I am out two tanks. about $80 each.

For Halcyon the price should be the same w/ AL od ST bp, and I thought it would be $555, as far as manifolds ck out the SeaElite from divers supply. you can get one for $115 and wont be able to tell it apart from the Halcyon. There is also a DiveRite delear on island ck out his prices. So yeah of couse its gonna be more expensive buying new vs used but sometimes you can find other good deals on island like this: http://65.254.85.214/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1242&sid=b7cb931f370817fd8c60776d27d6e609

I would say buy it, it's a great price.

Seems like a an early bladder, never saw that design before. It's a dual bladder, the longer hose is intended for ease in use of the integrated inflator/octo, if you plan on keeping the octo or similar octo, the hose is just right for that purpose, if planning on dumping the inflator/octo in favor of coventional inflator, I would shorten the hose to the standard 16".
The dump valve, it's up to you to dump it or not, I bought one for my rig when it came with an elbow.
Pockets it's a user choice, my DR weight pockets ride high and are used to store safety gear, but are accesible enough for me and I don't see how you can't reach them right in front of you.
The harness type is not my favorite, but should be very confy and last you for decades.
I can't coment on the tank setup, since it's not my expertise, but a used set of manifolded doubles retails for more than $200.00 for sure.

My only complaint would be the gargantuous bladder, if you don't need all that lift, even tightening the bungies may end up with a too big of a wing, but then again, if you need the 100# lift for slinging stages, the wing will do.

For all you divers with neg. opinions could you explain further. The blank statements don't make much sense. What makes it trash, horrible gear, junk and so on. Tell us your experience with the gear. This way we know where your statements are coming from.

fgray1:
For all you divers with neg. opinions could you explain further. The blank statements don't make much sense. What makes it trash, horrible gear, junk and so on. Tell us your experience with the gear. This way we know where your statements are coming from.
Most don't have any experience with it. . .

fgray1:

xiSkiGuy:
Most don't have any experience with it. . .

And that is why they feel like they are experts at it, like the age old saying: "Those who know do, and those who do not teach". Kinda makes you wondering what else they are faking eh?

fgray1:
For the record, I feel I explained all my reasons :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom