Users of wrist computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computer and watch on right wrist. Bottom timer, forearm slate on left. If diving open water compass in DSS bungee mount on back of left hand, if diving wrecks-in my right thigh pocket. with the bungee mount on back of my left hand it puts the slate bottom timer and compass in one line that's easy to read and has all my info. I can monitor depth time and direction and with the right hand use a pencil to note features, points of reference etc without losing my heading. Kind of turns my arm into a console with the compass easy to remove or put on when needed.

Computer on right wrist, compass on left. For light duty night nav, I switch the main light back and forth (minor PITA). For heavy duty night navigation I mount a small 2 x AAA Led on right shoulder strap that illuminates downward. Then I keep my main light in my right hand to illuminate the compass and move my right wrist occasionally into the small light beam to check computer.

Usually but not always watch and computer (or depth guage) on left wrist and compass on the right. Definitly no retractors. I do also have a miniture ScubaPro rubber universal console that I sometimes use. It has a depth guage and spg and I might strap an additional instrument such as a compass to the back--it has a place for exactly that function. It is small and compact and on a 26 inch hose it clips nicely to the left waist D ring.

For exploration diving I prefer everything on my wrists, for photography or other endeavors where I might be using my arms (kayak diving) then I use the mini console with only the watch on my wrist. There are no modern equivilents to the mini console I have, rubber universal fit, miniture, built for clipping to the hip ring. For some casual diving (and kayak) I may now use only the computer on my left wrist, spg clipped to left waist D ring and small compass flipped under my left wrist.

There really is no one way as long as things are not dangling around and are logically arranged.

N

Computer on the right wrist. Compass on the left wrist and goodman light on the left hand.

Computer and compass on left arm, you can look at one and then right after look at the other by only shifting the eyes

Old Princeton Techtronic mechanical bottom timer on the hose above the consol, compass, and Uwtech bottom timer in the consol, Diverite Duo computer on the left wrist (big numbers for older eyes). Right wrist is always free for digging, bug hunting, etc.

That gives me three timers and two depth gages.

However, the Main computer is between my ears.

Pete

Richesb:
Where / how do you carry, use yor compass?
Began with compass on a retractor, clipped to a right D-ring, and computer on left wrist. Moved to a wrist unit. I now wear one computer on left wrist and one on right forearm. Wear the wrist compass on the left wrist as well

Computer and backup bottom timer on my right wrist, compass on my left wrist.

Back
Top Bottom