USIA DrySuite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGoran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone can provide me a review for the USIA Drysuite either the Aquapro or the Auqadelux.

I'm a big fan of USIA suits. I have owned three of them, my wife dives with one as do my brother and sister in law and quite a few of my diving friends and have never had a problem. They are comfortable, keep me dry, and USIA stands behind the seams and zipper for the life of the suit. The one I'm diving now has over a hundred dives on it and the seals are still in great shape, although I'm a fanatic about maintainence. I dove a DUI last year and they are very nice suits, but can't see where they are worth twice the money. I have always had great service from USIA, and seeing where you live that's a plus as they are made in ST. Helens which is not too far from you. The Pro is a heavier suit than the Deluxe which might be too warm in the summer on some of those walks to the water. I would also highly recommend the Superstretch undergarment as opposed to the Exotherm. I have both and hands down the Superstretch is warmer and more comfortable. I also live in the NW and dive these suits year around. I don't know if I have answered your ? but feel free to PM if there is more you would like to know. USIA has a great web site www.usia.com where you can design your suit. You could also contact John at Scuba-Outfitters in Salem for more info. as he is one of there largest dealers and very good to work with. www.scuba-outfitters.com . Hope that helps.

ScubaGoran:
Anyone can provide me a review for the USIA Drysuite either the Aquapro or the Auqadelux.

Are you looking for an airbag or a dry suit? There are plenty of better (and often cheaper) manufacturers.

I have a Proplus and think it is very well made. It is neutrally bouyant as well. It came off the rack and here is where it's problems lie. I find that it is too big and allows for a lot of air shift. The boots get very floaty and I'm not fond of that either. The one thing I do like is the Scitec valves. If I were you and are set on this suit, get one custom made.

I decided to go with a DUI CF200 after diving 25 or dives with the USIA. I like it because it a much better fit and doesn't get all floaty on me. It is about 4 lbs positive though - despite what they tell you at DUI. I don't like their valves in comparison to the Scitec's either. At some point when I'm tired of a wet left arm and chest then I'll swap out the valves.

Bottom line I still have my USIA as a backup or loaner suit. It is worth keeping around. I think if I took off the boots and had latex socks put on to dive with wet boots then I would like it a whole lot more.

DUI does not make their valves. They're either made by Apeks or SI Tech. I agree that SI Tech's are better, at least in comparaison with Apeks low profile valves.

I've had a USIA Suit for years and love it. I never had a problem with it except wearing out seals which is normal wear and tear. I highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom