Using a twin cylinder?tanks. .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way it sounds it probably won't help you to use twins. A 10 litre tank isn't prone to being unstable and since you don't need the extra air then I can't see any benefit for you in that way.

Redundancy is a separate issue but I would assume that you're diving within the NDL's with a buddy so in a sense your buddy is your redundancy. If you're not diving over the NDL's, solo or in (semi) over-head environments then the extra redundancy beyond what your buddy offers isn't really needed.

That said, I'm curious. What, exactly, prompted you to ask this question?

R..

The reason is that is what my firste idea
of diving ever were. . I would like to try twin diving if
my dive time can be longer so that i can see more. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burout:

So then twin are more for the technical diving then recreational. .
Then what course do i take for wreck and cave diving and if there
are a course for twin cylinder dinving? ? I would like
to explore more wrecks and cave diving sounds very intresting. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

If you are interested in taking technical courses, the best you can do is use the resources around you (the internet, phone, references from your dive shop, any technical divers you may know,....) to find a good technical instructor that meets your interests. Don't necessarily go with the first one you find, try to "interview' several, if you can. Talk to your prospective instructor & learn what the pre- requisites are for the technical training agency they teach for. This instructor can tell you what you need to know, what equipment you will need & what the best path to follow to achieve your goals. Until then, just get out & dive. Perfect your buoyancy & trim & most of all.... just have lots of fun.

Wich assiation can you maybe recomend for me? ?
In South Africa we have Cmas, Sdi/Tdi and Iantd. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

I have gone through TDI training for adv. nitrox and deco. I think Tammy is IANTD. But most on here will say that the instructor is what makes the course.

As far as the switch to twin cylinders. TDI's intro to tech can help you with that. I would highly recommend at least having some help from someone that knows doubles. I had an OOA situation because someone shut my isolator and I didn't check it. Luckily my buddy was there.But if you don't really need the doubles then leave them to others.

I had an OOA situation because someone shut my isolator and I didn't check it. Luckily my buddy was there.But if you don't really need the doubles then leave them to others.

I am confused. If you had proper setup and even if your isolator was shut you were not OOA as you could switch to your left post regulator.

But one should have noticed that before that! If you have SPG on left post and you breath out of right you should notice that SPG has not moved indicating isolator was shut. If you had SPG on left and breathing off of left you should notice pressure getting low faster (double the speed) and act accordingly to either open the valve or abort the dive.

I have SPG on left post and AI transmitter on right and compare them on occasion.

Well, the first thing to check about technical training is why you want to do it. Tech diving is expensive and significantly ups the ante with respect to DCS. It's worth doing if you have specific objectives, and if you have a lot of local opportunities to use your skills. Otherwise, you'll find yourself hunting for any opportunity to practice.

That said, I think an Intro to Tech class would benefit just about anybody, if it's a good one.

Find an instructor who does the kinds of dives you want to do, and who has a good reputation in the community. Agency is far less important.

I am confused. If you had proper setup and even if your isolator was shut you were not OOA as you could switch to your left post regulator.

But one should have noticed that before that! If you have SPG on left post and you breath out of right you should notice that SPG has not moved indicating isolator was shut. If you had SPG on left and breathing off of left you should notice pressure getting low faster (double the speed) and act accordingly to either open the valve or abort the dive.

I have SPG on left post and AI transmitter on right and compare them on occasion.

With proper training I would have known that. :) Point made! :)

With proper training I would have known that. :) Point made! :)

I didn't have proper training yet. But I've tried to to read up on it as much as I could to make up for it.

Big gas capacity makes sense if you are using Nitrox.

A dive to 50 feet with EAN36 could be _very_ long and still be a no-stop dive.

Back
Top Bottom