using MCH6 for continues blending

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody recommend using a MCH6 to to continues blending? meaning using a nitrox stick. For home use only. 2fills per week max. Oil change not a problem(doing it very frequently). Blending maximum 32 nitrox

I know MCH6’s fourth stage sit in oil and dirt oil/carbon build up with seize it up very quickly and I know adding oxygen make the oil dirty a lot faster.

I know MCH6 has a smaller oil sump and it’s a small block and it’s not really good in tolerating heat and adding oxygen will make it hotter.

I have consulted with the manufacture and the manufacture approved this but recommended to limit the pressure below 3500psi and change oil more frequently which I have no problem with

Just want to know if anyone has any ideas about this and any experience. Any help are helpful.
I'm used my MCH6 for trimix and nitrox blending, most recently today. I don't know how recommended it is but so far it has worked.
Here are some pictures from my setup.

Gas Blending case

I use Coltri oil and I change oils every ~15 hours. 40% O2 is max what I'm made

Sadly your wrong on the both counts

1. With Coltri clearly they don't approve as per as they declared above.

2. And Nuvair are not the manufacturer. They IMHO are just telling you the bullshot you want to hear to make a sale. So Ask Nuvair themselves what percentage did they test the MCH 6 compressor to above this 40% number to ensure safety

After that we can then get into the real reasons why they all want you to change out the oil much sooner than for breathing air.

First I dig the dog! And it appears from your posts that you are not a fan of Coltri compressors nor Nuvair their dealer here in US... specifically why? Quality of air? Dependability? Longevity? Just asking, not hammering you.

Do you see the electric or gas model of MCH6 as preferred?

Back
Top Bottom