Using Pony Bottle on STA less BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdennyb:
A ponybottle should be small, less or equal to a 13 cu ft bottle. One strap will hold them on easily, they don't stick out and the only reason you'd have one back there in the first place is for dry suit or BC inflation.:14:
If the bottle is a 30, sling it up front with the proper hardware and it'll be in the slipstream and not a problem. Your dive light battery pack goes onn the opposite side to counterbalance the weight.

I have to disagree about your only use as a inflator. Many including myself use a pony as a redundant air supply. Depending upon the profile, a 19 cf pony may or may not surfice. How its carried is entirely different subject. I think the thread topic is how best to attatch with the STA to avoid slippage, balance issues etc. I do agree that slinging the bottle is advantageous, just not the ONLY solution.

cdennyb:
A ponybottle should be small, less or equal to a 13 cu ft bottle. One strap will hold them on easily, they don't stick out and the only reason you'd have one back there in the first place is for dry suit or BC inflation.:14:
If the bottle is a 30, sling it up front with the proper hardware and it'll be in the slipstream and not a problem. Your dive light battery pack goes onn the opposite side to counterbalance the weight.

I'm not looking to join any new groups today and my dive light battery goes in my dive light:05: Say, you weren't knocking on my first door this morning were you?

I use an STA, and attach a 30f pont with the super pony tamer. It locks on to the tank, and not the bands.

I agree that the placement of a pony tank will vary with the diver's application. I spearfish and anything out in front is totally unacceptable; dangerous when dealing with big fish.

As far as pony tank set up, Zeagle HD bands are easy in any sea, less than a minute.

If you need to change pony tanks be aware that a system that has hose clamps will require clamps and hardware on every bottle, at more cost.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom