Utila for a month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roatanjan

Reaction score
We are hoping to spend a month on Utila early 2005.Does anyone have a recomendation for a place to stay at a reasonable rate for a month.I am the diver and my husband likes to snorkle.

We are hoping to get a place for $500-$600 for the month,thanks.

There is accomodation on the island from $3.00 per night but those i wouldnt suggest there is a small hotel called the Hotel Rose where a non air con room is $18.00 and a air con room is about $25.00 per night this of course is just room that does not include any meals etc but it is clean a lot of people do use it, there is a hotel called the Calibri and air con rooms there are about $35.00 per night, with most of the places they do not take advance bookings as a lot of people do not turn up, one suggestion i will make is when you arrive on the Island...are you arriving by ferry or plane go to Deep Blue Divers ask for Steve he is one of the owners there and he is a good guy ...even if you dont want to dive with them he still will be very helpfull and give you advice on where to go ...do you know who you are going to dive with if not as i said talk to Deep Blue ...dont worry about food not being included at the small hotels it is very cheap to eat and drink on the island for $8.00 you can get a good meal with a few beers.

I would suggest go to Utila and see what you can find you will have a better chance of finding things when you are there you will always get a room for a night while you look around ...is there anything else specific you wish to know ?

There is a beautiful house called the white house, right on the sea in Utila...I will try and find the contact details and send them to you.
It is $600 per month and that is at the top of the price range here.

Another great school is the Bay Islands College of Diving, Dives are $12.50 and the dive masters and instructors are very experienced, use brand new equipment and a very nice dive boat. Your husband will be able to snorkel from the same boat and it would be 8 dollars for him per day including equipment. the website address is www.dive-utila.com
This place is the only dive shop with a pool and hot tub, air conditioning throughout, a dicounted bar for their divers (50/60 cents for a beer!!).

I just spent 4 months in Utila at this dive shop and completed all courses from Rescue Diver to Instructor. It's a great place.

Thanks Scubadude,will watch for that info on White house.Has anyone stayed at Colobri Resort?Saw it on internet-looked somewhat unfinished and there was no pics of the rooms,any input would be appreciated.

I don't have the info on the White House yet but I can tell you that Colibri is very much finished and is a very beatiful hotel with great rooms and a swimming pool...they also have landscaped gardens.

take bug repellent, skin so soft or coconut oil for the sandflies, they are one of the only things that make paradise unlivable (unless you are trying to make a living as a dive instructor there)

roatanjan:
We are hoping to spend a month on Utila early 2005.Does anyone have a recomendation for a place to stay at a reasonable rate for a month.I am the diver and my husband likes to snorkle.

Hi Roatanjan,

Wife and I go there frequently. Here' what we do: Trip 10 days or less, we stay at the Hotel Rose. Longer stays we rent a furnished apartment, usually without AC. Go up to Countryside (up hill from fire station). Contact Annie. She and her husband own a number of ample furnished apartments between Main St. and her place at Countryside. on the way up, stop and talk with Sherry Rose, she owns the Peachttree Apts. on the right side. (Pink) We negotiate a cash deal by the month. Usually about $250.00 to $300.00

You can always spend the first couple of nights at the Rose and look around. We always dive with Dep Blue Divers, located right across the street from Hotel Rose. They have a great social every afternoon after diving and the family are great people. Swin is probably the best boat captain on the island and if there is a whale shark to be seen, Swin will put you on it! If you get a chance to talk to Steve at Deep Blue, tell 'em Paul from Houston said hello. They know me well and will never forget me. I'm a legend on that island.

Have fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom