Utila/Roatan Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just returned from Utila and Roatan. Was in Utila from 4/23 to 5/02 and then in Roatan until 5/13. Had a great time in Utila at Cross Creek Dive Center and at Foster's West Bay in Roatan. Loved Utila!! Everything was really top notch and we can't wait to go back next March when the whale shark season is in full swing!! :D

On Roatan it was a bit spoiled because there was very little wind where we were and the sand flies almost ate us alive. Friends who were on the South side of the island at the same time said they had very little problem with bugs this trip. However, the diving was great and the staff at Fosters and the Octapus Dive School were super. I would not hesitate to go again, but not without a quart of industrial strength deet!!

Check out my dive report at scuba.royalcs.com Utila report is posted now and the Roatan part should be up sometime this weekend. Lots of pictures!! (Some of them are even good)

Hi. I checked out your webpage for Utila--it is wonderful. I loved your pictures. We did a Utila/Roatan trip a few years ago and particularly loved Utila--your website brought back happy memories!

So glad you found it useful. I have now completed the Utila and Roatan sites and have larger versions of the pictures available by just clicking on the image. Having the pictures allows me to relive it at least just a little bit until the next time I can actually travel there.

oceancat:
Hi. I checked out your webpage for Utila--it is wonderful. I loved your pictures. We did a Utila/Roatan trip a few years ago and particularly loved Utila--your website brought back happy memories!

Back
Top Bottom