Question Utilus 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Relegen

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just bought a Utilus 10 compressor that has lived in a fire station and has 307 hours on it. It was just serviced, filters changes and an air purity test done on it. It looks like new as it has lived in a clean office type environment most of its life

1715826072811.png

I paid $1800 Australian Dollars for it. I have been diving for over 40 years but this is my first compressor. What do you all think? Good deal or crazy for buying such an old compressor? It will live on my catamaran that we also live on

Also, does anyone out there have a manual for it? If so, can I pls get a copy of it emailed to me? The Bauer website seems to have the Parts list but not the manual. It is 240V, Single phase and was built in 1988. Thanks in advance. Paul

Bauers workshop manuals are excellent if you need to carry out work on these units. If you are after an owners manual, the one for the Utilus should do.

Attachments

• Varius & Purus & Utilus 10 - Workshop Manual (1990).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Varius & Purus & Utilus 10 & Junior & Oceanus - Workshop Manual (1990).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • Utilus -Owners Manual (1994).pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 41
You got a really nice compressor, but be warned: the filter is an undersized problem. You will not get many tanks filled before it needs to be changed. The volume rating is at a specific somewhat low temperature, and the decrease in longevity is massive with little increase in ambient temperature. You have a guy there that manufactures repackable cartridges for that unit. TMF Engineering? TFM Engineering? Something like that....

Look at getting one...

Hey man there's a huge amount of info on those sites including compressors on yachts
and re-packable filter efficiency, for those with the patience and smart enough to find it
despite having been spoon fed by the magnificent Tanks A Lot and not just a smart arse

Don't have your compressor knockin when the boat's a rockin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom