Uwatec BT question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, I recieved my digital bottom timer today. As I read the manual, I see that it's configured to read fresh water depths. There is no option to change that, it's hard-wired.

When I'm diving salt water, it's going to read slightly deeper than I actually am. I believe I'll be looking at the gauge reading 1' deeper per actual 33 fsw.

This shouldn't be a significant concern, should it? I don't see this being a problem since it will simply read slightly more conservatively. Can anyone poke a hole in my thinking?

Oh, and how did you connect bungee to this thing? I pulled it out of the boot, but there's no way of attaching cord, so I'm assuming you cut the boot somehow.

Wijbrandus:
Oh, and how did you connect bungee to this thing? I pulled it out of the boot, but there's no way of attaching cord, so I'm assuming you cut the boot somehow.

Check Here for a nice write up on bungee attachment.

Thanks, ABQ. That website seems to show the whole process.

What size drill bit did you use? It looks like a 1/4" might do the trick.

Wijbrandus:
Ok, I recieved my digital bottom timer today. As I read the manual, I see that it's configured to read fresh water depths. There is no option to change that, it's hard-wired.

When I'm diving salt water, it's going to read slightly deeper than I actually am. I believe I'll be looking at the gauge reading 1' deeper per actual 33 fsw.

This shouldn't be a significant concern, should it? I don't see this being a problem since it will simply read slightly more conservatively. Can anyone poke a hole in my thinking?
Your thinking is OK. It adds a (very small) factor of conservatism if you use it with salt water tables.

Wijbrandus:
Thanks, ABQ. That website seems to show the whole process.

What size drill bit did you use? It looks like a 1/4" might do the trick.
I haven't done that bit since I don't have a Uwatec (dive a Suunto) I would use just big enough hole to get the bungee through. 3/16" bungee should be fine. Melt the ends a bit for easy threading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom