Uwatec Luna AI failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I returned it instead of just replacing battery at recommendation of dealer. Even so, it probably should go back since the transmitter battery shouldn't go out after 4-5 months.

I agree with you. The problem with the transmitter is there is no telling how old it and the battery are. Although the Luna is new the same transmitter has been in use for several other computers by Uwatec for quite some time. It can easily be a case of an older TX paired with the new computer at the factory. Who knows how long the TX has been sending status pings, could be for two years prior to your purchase.

That in no way makes it right, but it does happen. Too bad they don't include one of those "pull tabs" on the TX/battery so you know its fresh :) . The good news is a TX battery is fairly cheap and can be picked up from your LDS or more battery stores.

I fully understand your reasoning for sending it in, no one wants to spend THAT much on a computer to have issues. Like I said, I myself would have just changed the battery and tried to use it rather than sending it in for service just yet.

Please let us know what Uwatec tells you and if you're happy with the outcome.

Alright, I just got my computer and transmitter back from UWATEC and it turns out the transmitter was faulty and has been replaced. Appears not a battery problem. Kind of disappointing but now things should function well.

Back
Top Bottom