UWATEC or SUUNTO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

being able to download(upload??) the dive info to your PC is nice. Looking at your dive profile in graphic form is educational, as well as fun.

I use mine in gauge mode, so it's only as conservative as my mind.:wink:

You do not need to buy an interface for the smartpro because
it uses IR technology and the Software comes free as well.
Another plus point.

Both my wife and I really like our Smart Pros, but have not used a Vytec (form all accounts, the Vytec looks like a really good computer also)

We like the versatility (6 conservative settings), the secure strap, large face, easy to read at night and easy to download to PC (the PC software is quite nice).

Thank you everyone for your comments, it has been quite insightful. Based on the comments, it would appear that the Vytec is the way to go. It would be great to be able to test them out. I have used Uwatec computers before and quite liked them. Also, the wrist strap on the Uwatec Ultra looks quite flimsy/cumbersome (I assume the Smart Pro uses the same wrist strap) is this the case? Are there any other Uwatec Smart Pro users out there?

Yes I'm a Uwatec Smart Pro user

I purchased it yesterday and took it for a test dive today.

WOW I wonder how I ever did without it.

It's a great piece of equipment. This is my first dive computer and I can say the money was worth it.

I just uploaded the dive data to the computer. I can track every "step" of the dive and find out how deep i was, etc

i have the wrist version of it so it's not air integrated.

One think I like about it is that you can also use it for nitrox diving.

Sebastian,

How do you find the wrist strap? Is it kind of flimsy or is it quite secure? I haven't yet seen the newest generation of Uwatec computers.

I have no problem with the wrist strap. You can thighten them quite small so even me who has skinny arms don't have a problem with the computer slipping around.

Where the Wrist straps are attached you can even "bend" those parts so the Computer adjusts great to your arm and makes it comfortable to wear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom