Uwatec Smart Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anyone still diving with a non-recalled Uwatec SmartPRO or SmartCOM dive computer? I know ScubaPro no longer provides the “free batteries for life” anymore, but there are third-party vendors who replace batteries at a nominal fee. If you are still using one, do you still use the SmartTRAK dive log software and IRDA reader on at least a Windows 10 machine?

Yes, I know this could trigger lots of “don’t ever dive with that again” advice, which is what I’m looking for. If that is your advice, what entry-level computer do you recommend?

Other than Scubapro, I am not aware of anybody/party that services the UWATEC "Smart" series. We used to service the "older" UWATEC "brick type" (without infrared interface) dive computers but haven't serviced one of those in a long time.

Is anyone still diving with a non-recalled Uwatec SmartPRO or SmartCOM dive computer? I know ScubaPro no longer provides the “free batteries for life” anymore, but there are third-party vendors who replace batteries at a nominal fee. If you are still using one, do you still use the SmartTRAK dive log software and IRDA reader on at least a Windows 10 machine?

Yes, I know this could trigger lots of “don’t ever dive with that again” advice, which is what I’m looking for. If that is your advice, what entry-level computer do you recommend?
Check eBay. There are several vendors doing battery replacements.

Or check utube for DIY videos.

It appears there are still a bunch of divers using the old Aladin (not Smart) dive computers. I generally get about 5 years battery life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom