Uwatec SmartTec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

engbarth:
Posting to wrong thread... Sorry for the confusion...

Would you recommend the Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computer? We are new to diving and looking to buy equipment. If we decide to go with a console computer, this is the one we are considering. Why did you choose the console type over watch / retractable? As a newbie, it is hard to decide what we would really like. We do know that we want to dive with our own equipment, especially reg, BC, and computer.
The Pro Plus 2 is a very good computer. I had a hard time deciding between it and the Uwatec SmartCom. Ultimately I was wooed by the multigas (for tech diving) and wireless capabilites (not for tech diving) of the Uwatec SmartTec we were discussing in this thread. It's considerably more money, though. You might check the Oceanic Atom while you're at it, if you're interested in comparing wireless.

But in the end, if you go with the Pro Plus 2, you should be very happy.

I had a ATOM 1.0 prior to the Uwatec SmartTec. I'd keep away from jewlery and buy a serious computer. The ATOM is good, and heavily dicounted due to the release of the ATOM 2.0, but I still prefer to see a bigger display.

SmartTec has many advantages over the ATOM, the least of which being microbubble management. Even though it's unproven, it's added security in my mind. Add to that the display of all your dive data on one large screen, active no-fly calculations rather than a 24 h timer and excellent software and you've got a winner.

The Oceanic VT-3 is getting huge raps too, plus the Suunto Vytec. That's why I also mention them for comparision.

Back
Top Bottom