Valhalla - Atlas Missile Silo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bersa222

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I had a great time spending the weekend at a retired Atlas Missile Silo. The stairs did add up over three days but it was worth it.

Attachments

• 505FFD69-9495-4431-8E04-B9470D1249AF.jpeg
    505FFD69-9495-4431-8E04-B9470D1249AF.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 121
I got 4 dives in while there, but the water is open available all day long. Tank fills in site for $10. We slept in the the old command center. $225 for the weekend with a bed reserved for me. A really unique site with great history.
Cost? This has been on my "someday" list. You said 3 days... did you go several times?

I got 4 dives in while there, but the water is open available all day long. Tank fills in site for $10. We slept in the the old command center. $225 for the weekend with a bed reserved for me. A really unique site with great history.

Cost? This has been on my "someday" list. You said 3 days... did you go several times?
I am one of the owners of the missile silo. The dive shop that books the trip sets their own price depending on what amenities they provide. We do not lease to private individuals, only to a dive shop who can provide insurance for the group. We also will put people on a list and if any shops are looking for extra divers to go with their group, we will contact you. That doesn't happen but maybe twice a year. If you want on the list, contact us through Dive Valhalla Missile Silo FB page or www.familyscuba.com

What is the depth of this silo?

Is there more of the complex accesable to cave divers? Or are the other passageways blocked?

No, it is a straight up and down tube.
Is there more of the complex accesable to cave divers? Or are the other passageways blocked?

I am one of the owners of the missile silo. The dive shop that books the trip sets their own price depending on what amenities they provide. We do not lease to private individuals, only to a dive shop who can provide insurance for the group. We also will put people on a list and if any shops are looking for extra divers to go with their group, we will contact you. That doesn't happen but maybe twice a year. If you want on the list, contact us through Dive Valhalla Missile Silo FB page or www.familyscuba.com
1680709650501.png
1680709652806.png
1680709654355.png
1680709656188.png
1680709658612.png
I want this!
Just over 100ft of water.
so AOW enough?
1680709654355.png
1680709656188.png
1680709658612.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/