Vendor Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question if you don't mind..............

Why did you pick a Catalyst over a Fusion for yourself?

I am considering a new drysuit the Fusion, but saw the Catalyst in the store, it is about $600 more.......

Thanks.......M

You had to ask, damn it!:depressed:......:wink:

At the time, I bought two Fusions. One for me and one for my lovely bride. Hers fit just fine. However, I have a big butt and big thighs and the Fusion (largest size) did not fit me very well on my butt and legs. Whites has since made the Fusion in some additional sizes to accommodate those of us that don't normally buy off the rack.

I had the Catalyst custom made as Whites did not offer the Fusion in custom sizes at the time. I don't regret my decision one bit but if I was shopping for another, I would get the Fusion.

I never ask if my drysuit makes my butt look big because the answer is always the same - "Why yes! Yes it does!":wink:

This post will self destruct, along with its incriminating comments real soon! :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, other than pockets and skinny ankles all I have read about the Fusion is so positive...............

Teamcasa has one of each so perhaps he could compare/contrast the two?

M

The Fusion Sport doesn't have pockets. The Tech skin, which costs extra, has 2 side pockets. I've heard that they can sag since the pockets are only attached to the outer lycra layer but my buddy hasn't had that problem, maybe you have to watch how much weight you put in them. I must have thin ankles because my feet with thick wool socks slip right in.

Thanks for the reply.........

So the $64K question................

Now that sizes are available.....................

Would you be a Fusion guy? Or a Catalyst guy?

M

Thanks for the reply.........

So the $64K question................

Now that sizes are available.....................

Would you be a Fusion guy? Or a Catalyst guy?

M

While I am very happy with my Catalyst, I think I would get the Fusion today.

I just received two new fusion drysuits from Mike at Dive Right In Scuba yesterday. Mike helped me with my sizing questions. I'm a non standard size but the fusion stills fits me better than any other drysuit I have tried on. There was going to be a wait on getting my size of the fusion drysuit in the tech skin but Mike gave me an excellent deal on the limited edition tech skin. Just over a week after ordering the suits they arrived (I live in Melbourne Australia and usually it takes a long time to get items shipped from America).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom