Venice Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know how the conditions (vis, waves, etc.) have been at Venice lately?

Planning on heading there tomorrow for some tooth hunting.

P.S. - Got any secret hunting spots to share?

I was at the main city beach last Saturday and it was aweful. Very hevy serf for venice. We also had to deal with a lot of surge. I'd go down to Service Club park. You have to swim a little farther from shore, but I dought you will have to deal with surge there.

Erik

Why would there not be surge at Service Club Park if there is surge at the public beach?

I haven't been to Venice but I was out at the red rocks off of Boca Grande last weekend. There was a small craft advisory up, that combined with the weather & cold front which passed through this week, I would expect the vis to be poor. Water temps are probably in the 70's.

We'll still probably give it a shot. At the least it's a trip to the beach. I'm pretty sure the weather's supposed to be nice.

Thanks.

Well I may be wrong, but because your in deeper water father off shore there's would be less surge.

How far out are you talking? You can't get far enough out from the beach to get any deeper than around 21'. Not a real big change.

purduepete007:
Well I may be wrong, but because your in deeper water father off shore there's would be less surge.

Just enough to cover some real territory :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom