Venice Shore dive Sept, 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the north side of the public beach. I went out to the bouy. Then we headed 180 degrees. We ended up in front of the public beach about 2-300 yds offshore. I am not a real good judge of distance but it seemed to take forever to surface swim back. (We had to surface swim don't ask).

ReefGuy:
Hi. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it.

Dv4fun, were you north of the pier or south? They stopped the renourishment at the pier, so south should be relatively untouched.

I was on the north side of the pier, from the parking lot at sharkeys there is a dip in the sand where the beach nourashment is a little easier walk, otherwise its a steep slope. Gnerally the swim is only to the end of the pier and there is a pretty good channel of dark sand , I usually enter the water set the compass to 270 kick 150 times and your there. 90-100 minutes later set compass to 90 and your back to shore , I usually only stay till 500-800 psi, I don't like surface swimming. On the rare occasion its 15-20 ft you can easilly get 1-2lbs of smaller teeth and occasionally find a meg. About another 150 yards west of the pier is another spot, I only like going there when its low vis at my regular spot, further out it seems the teeth are bigger.

Its with deep regret that I wont be able to make it out. Circumstances dictate. :crying:

OK Dive4funOften: You girls kicked some serious butt Saturday and sent us guys home with our tails between our legs. You girls rock. Nice sharks teeth and Brent is right he was busy trying to find his way around again but he is a great leader if you like to swim in circles. LOL. If it wasn't for the rope we would have never gotten a dive in. As it was we all had a very nice time and a nice lunch under the canopy.

"Here is how the story went as I see it".

Once upon a time there were Three Stooges, Brent, Warren and Kevin. In fact, there were really four Three Stooges. As well as Brent, Warren and Kevin, there was also another Three Stooge, and un-named female, but she was only a fill-in for us if one of the Three Stooges was missing for the dive that day. There was also their friends, 2 more un-named females. Brent phoned Warren, Brent of course, was the leader of the Three Stooges and asked him if he wanted to dive Venice Beach Saturday. Warren readily agreed, and Kevin signed up on Scuba Board probably because he had not had a good laugh for a week either. So you see Kevin, if Brent had any worse sense of direction he would be dangerous. Maybe it is the effects of the malaria that he caught on our last comic dive to Venice Beach last month. So, if you are interested in a good laugh, go diving with Brent, Warren and Kevin the original Three Stogges and the other comedians. It was fun.
Warren

It was fun. Nice to be back in the water again :wink: Im just ready to go back and sorry its not this coming weekend. :sad_2:

plan as we go , but, if anyone is up to it, I will be more than happy to lead a dive from the venice pier after the beach dive and lunch.

Dv4fun:
I will be more than happy to lead a dive from the venice pier after the beach dive and lunch.

Doesn't it hurt when you hit the water from that far up? :wink: I'm up for it... Where's everybody meeting Sat. morning? At the Venice public beach parking area?

The Venice pier is that the one by Sharkys? I'm not sure yet what we are going to do but it looks like were looking into somerthing else for that weekend in the Tampa area but if that don't workout I will maybe go to the Venice pier. I'll let you know here soon.

LOL.. North Venice beach at 10:00am I thought

taildragger:
The Venice pier is that the one by Sharkys? I'm not sure yet what we are going to do but it looks like were looking into somerthing else for that weekend in the Tampa area but if that don't workout I will maybe go to the Venice pier. I'll let you know here soon.

Here is the link to sharkys map , yes its the one at the pier:

http://www.sharkysonthepier.com/map.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom