Venice Shore dive Sept, 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdrannik: I'm for sure not going to go to the springs this saturday. The cost of fuel plus the $40 to swim there just kills the whole idea for me. If i'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather dive off a boat somewhere for $60 which is close to the $40 they charge to swim in a lousy springs that is cold as Alaska. I think I will go to the pier that idea sounds much better and much cheaper in the long run. plus there is a nice place to eat there and the place won't be crowded. Sorry but I'm staying nearer to home where it's warm and peaceful. I also like looking for sharks teeth and that place don't offer much in that respect.

it looks like I'll be able to make this dive. I should be heading down to Venice on Friday night, and hopefully I'll have 2-4 friends with me.
Just to be clear though, where is everyone going to meet? Is it going to be the pier or Venice beach? I'm really excited to dive, I hope that nothing else comes up this weekend.

Diving at Weeki Wachee is only $30. You know if you are lucky you can get a pic with a mermaid!

taildragger:
bdrannik: I'm for sure not going to go to the springs this saturday. The cost of fuel plus the $40 to swim there just kills the whole idea for me. If i'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather dive off a boat somewhere for $60 which is close to the $40 they charge to swim in a lousy springs that is cold as Alaska. I think I will go to the pier that idea sounds much better and much cheaper in the long run. plus there is a nice place to eat there and the place won't be crowded. Sorry but I'm staying nearer to home where it's warm and peaceful. I also like looking for sharks teeth and that place don't offer much in that respect.

I will be in Sarasota the 17th and 18th. Not sure what time I will get in on Sat. though but I would like to dive off of Venice Beach. Are there any areas on the beach that I can or cannot shore dive from or is it all open?
Thanks

dive4funOften:
Diving at Weeki Wachee is only $30. You know if you are lucky you can get a pic with a mermaid!
Hey "Dive4funoften" something smells fishy about swimming with and getting a picture taken with mermaids. There has got to be "a catch" to this thing. On a "scale" of 1 to 10 it sounds good on the surface. Maybe if I try hard enough I might take the bait. Sorry couldn't resist the humor.

Jason8598:
I will be in Sarasota the 17th and 18th. Not sure what time I will get in on Sat. though but I would like to dive off of Venice Beach. Are there any areas on the beach that I can or cannot shore dive from or is it all open?
Thanks

Hey Jason, I understand there is a group that is going to meet at the public beach at 10:00am, I plan on doing a afternoon dive at the venice pier about 2:00pm or so after lunch and what not. I would even be up for meeting you at the pier early on the 18th if your up to it, I usually get there between 8:30 and 9:30 depending on how the day before. I always find teeth , (not megladon , but always find a handfull of smaller ones)

A group of about 4 of us are gonna hit the north end of Venice beach at 9:30ish on Sunday if anyone would like to join us.

Soda:
A group of about 4 of us are gonna hit the north end of Venice beach at 9:30ish on Sunday if anyone would like to join us.

When you say "North end" is that the public beach or the area your meeting further up near the inlet ?

Sorry, I meant the north parking lot next to the convenient store.

I'm heading down to Venice shortly, it looks like I'm actually going to be able to make it. I am, however, coming down alone. I hope that one of you that is going doesn't mind a new diver tagging along. This will be my first post certification dive, so if someone feels uncomfortable just let me know, I won't take any offense.
I also wanted to know if I should rent a dive flag, if someone else has one, or if one would even be necessary.
I'll try and check the board another time before heading out. If anyone needs to get ahold of me my number is 813.478.4058 or my DC is 161*195330*3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom