Venice VIS???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viz at Alhambra was 8-10 ft, and the temp (depending on who's computer ya believe) was 68-71. The new artificial reef is right on top of the major fossil bed...not much on there now but it should be teaming with life by august, and be a nice reef dive in a couple of years.

Vis out at the boneyard was about 8 feet and my computer said 67 degrees at 30 feet. I had a decent day with about 30 teeth, mostly megs, but a lot of them weren't in great shape. I found one that was 4 3/4, one that was 3 3/4 and a number in the 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 range. My big find today was my first mammoth tooth which was exciting.

kd, do you have a boat that has 2 BIG antenna, one on either side of the boat and a dive flag attached to one of them?

I dont know if krawdaddy allows speedos on the zodiac.

Yes, I really do have to encourage thigh length bathing suits. Banana hammocks might be a little distracting. In fact Colin, I have to request that you are fully dressed in your wetsuit by the time we meet so I never have to know. On an unrelated topic, if anyone is considering a new wetsuit, I wore my new Scubapro Everflex 5/4 this weekend and I really can't say enough about these suits. I did wear a cheater vest underneath and didn't feel constricted at all. I did 1 1/2 hours on the first dive and 1 hours 15 minutes on the second dive and never got uncomfortabley cold.

Here is my Mammoth tooth after it has been cleaned up. The brown and white is actually tooth enamel that is still there after all these years.

Attachments

• Mammoth1.jpg
    Mammoth1.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Mammoth2.jpg
    Mammoth2.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 64
Was it a cat style boat? Was the name Aristikat, maybe?

kd, do you have a boat that has 2 BIG antenna, one on either side of the boat and a dive flag attached to one of them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom