VEO 180 - Does this use a DIFFERENT download cable???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n733lk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchased the much too expensive download cable for my Veo 180 and 250. Everything seems to work fine with my 250, but the 180 will NOT download. I get, "handshaking", then "Time Out" error.

Please help. I don't really want to spend another $100 on another cable.

Thanks!

Should be the same... I used mine with my 200, 180 and now veo 2.0. That said, the connection point less than ideal (not my first choice of words :wink: ). I usually have to try several different ways of holding it together to get a successful download. This includes balancing on my left leg, holding the unit in my right and clicking with my left. A full moon also tends to help :) Seriously though, its not easy. I find taking it out of the console I can often get a more positive connection.

I find taking it out of the console I can often get a more positive connection.

Thanks. Guess, I'll try that. It's a full moon tonight; YES!!!!!

Did u make sure to change on the OceanLog to your 180 console from your 250. I remember right when you turn it on theres a place that asks what computer you are using. Might want to give that a check.

I have found you just have to try it a few times to get a good conection

MBS,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finally got it to work (sitting down, aluminum foil in my right ear, my left sock halfway off, and my hair parted down the middle like in Our Gang).

It makes me nuts doing these downloads! Glad you got it to work, finally. I wonder if a clamping device could be fabricated that would hold the cable correctly in place...

MBS,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finally got it to work (sitting down, aluminum foil in my right ear, my left sock halfway off, and my hair parted down the middle like in Our Gang).

I'm having the same problem, I can't seem to get anything to work.

How exactly is this thing supposed to connect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom