Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday morning's vis at Christmas Point and Misery Bay in the inlet was an easy 60 feet. It was fantastic! Gave us a great opportunity to take some pictures of the sponges.

Ten Mile was only about 15'.

Yesterday morning's vis at Christmas Point and Misery Bay in the inlet was an easy 60 feet. It was fantastic! Gave us a great opportunity to take some pictures of the sponges.

Good to know, a few of us will be diving at Henderson PT tonight.

You lucky the viz clear since last week, otherwise you would have a lots of pictures of peas soup.:wink:

Al

The viz continue to be outstanding in the inlet, yesterday evening we had a good 75ft at Henderson PT.

Cheers

Al

Yesterday (Tuesday the 23) we could see the ripples of the water on the surface from 125' at Wilis Point and the McKenzie Bight!!!

977.jpg

TheBreakwater was clear in the evening too.

We're starting to think you are all crazy to complain about viz :) It has been great since we got here.

How is vis and water cond. this week ? I plan go to Victoria next Monday Oct. 6. Thanks,

It all depend where you're diving in average the viz is around 20-30 feet.
I did a dive at Willis PT this past Tuesday and it was over 40ft under 30ft. The problem with the Saanich Inlet (Henderson PT, Willis PT, Mackenzie Bight)is that it can change in less that 12 hours.

Cheers

Al

Scott and I did a night dive at Willis PT yesterday evening, the viz was an excellent 40+ft.

Al

Viz at Senanus Island and Xmas Pt was about 60ft.

Al

Back
Top Bottom